Bridge and tuners are the same as in last post. I plan to make an improved version of the tuner bracket (or perhaps abandon it in favour of one using my plunger type tuners).
The pickup is a P90 mounted above the strings. I plan on experimenting with a couple of experimental pickups using primary coils with few windings and a current transformer, but I haven't gotten around to that.
It still needs a strap to be really comfortable.
Things I might do next:
- Make a steam bent plywood body in the style of the acrylic ones.
- Make a new and more ergonomic acrylic body.
- Make a proper wooden body for the neck and ditch the rectangular steel tube for a while.
- Test and develop my pickups.
- Get back and properly finish the two-string bass. This involves adding a slidable pickup and a piezo-pickup with preamp.