Monday, 15 March 2010

Copper shield and switch added

I've made a couple of additions to the switching system of my black SG. One of them is a series/parallel switch down by the tone and volume knobs - on the brass disc that leads the copper tubes into the control cavity. I also added a copper shield to cover the holes left by the original knobs and switches. It's still quite fresh and pink, and looks a bit out of place, but I expect that once it has oxidised a little it will turn a more brownish hue and blend in nicely with the rest of the metal.

At present, the shield is only fixed by the nut of the tone and volume pots. I'm still contemplating wheter to use a few screws like on the brass shield or - which would look interesting - a lot of small brass tacks along the edge.